MUFON UFO Traffic Report for September 18, 2011
The UFO Traffic Report for Sunday, September 18, 2011, includes an apologetic New York parent who watched a "round object" crash into a wooded area; and a photo of three lights in triangle formation over Florida, as reported to the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
Witnesses from 5 states also reported 5 cases during the past 24 hours.
- A New York parent is apologetic for not investigating or calling authorities immediately after witnessing - with daughter in tow - a "round, white, brightly lit object with a blue halo" crashing into a nearby wooded area. Read the complete story.
- A Florida witness photographed "a stationary, triangular pattern of lights under a cloud layer" that "grew brighter, then vanished" over the several minute-long sighting. Read the complete story.
Please report UFO activity to the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) at mufon.com.
Credits: File Image
This Just In
- 20 Most Recent Reports
- Real Time UFO Tracker.
- UFO ALERT Rating System.
- UFO reports increase: Most states saw August boom
- National UFO Alert: Sightings 'spike' doubles state list
You control public access to identity and location. Report a UFO. Good witness testimony and site evidence - including photos and video - are very welcome.
Place the camera in a stable (non-moving) position if possible. Use the video's audio to verbally document what you are experiencing at the time.
If you encounter an unfamiliar object very low to the ground or one that has landed, move a safe distance away, call 911, and please file a MUFON report soon after the event. Older-recalled UFO event reports also appreciated.
- CO, September 16, 2011 - A woman reports a disappearing and reappearing orb in MUFON Case # 31863. " It looked like a planet or something, but it just appeared," the witness stated. "I watched it thinking maybe it was hidden behind clouds before."
- FL, September 16, 2011 - A yellow-orange orb moved away and disappeared in MUFON Case # 31861. "I was driving behind Royal Pacific Resort in Orlando, FL, at 10:32 p.m. EST, when I looked in a southerly direction," the witness stated. "I noticed what looked like an orange glow ascend from above the hotel skyline."
- ID, September 16, 2011 - A parent and son watched a red light in the sky that appeared to be too large for a natural explanation in MUFON Case # 31867. "Observed it moving very slowly in a north or northeast direction," the witness stated. "Then after pulsating more with a very large bright one - it disappeared."
- PA, September 17, 2011 - A couple watched lights above the clouds changing colors and are looking for an explanation in MUFON Case # 31869. "We thought it was just lightning at the time, until it started changing colors and gradually fading from one color to another," the reporting witness stated. "It would flash in patterns, then randomly. We couldn't see the object itself, but I never seen lightning do anything like that before. It lasted for about a minute and I ran inside the house to grab my mom, but when we came outside, my girlfriend informed us that it had stopped. We were both pretty amazed at what we had witnessed and wish we knew exactly what it was."
- WI, September 16, 29011 - A "glowing object" hovered over Franklin and moved quickly away at high speed in MUFON Case # 31860. "I looked up and saw a very large, glowing object hovering," the witness stated. "I would estimate (it as) a one-mile above the ground. I slowed the car down to watch it and it took off at super sonic speed (the best way I can describe it) into the clouds."
Mutal UFO Network
MUFON is the largest UFO study group in existence today. All 50 U.S. states have a State Director, a Chief Investigator, State Section Directors, and any number of Field Investigators, all volunteer, chiefly supported by your generous annual subscription to the MUFON Journal. Please join MUFON today to receive the monthly publication and further the investigation efforts into the UFO phenomenon.
The above reports were filed in the 24 previous hours through 12 a.m. September 18, 2011, EST. Additional reports for the same reporting date (September 17, 2011) may occur as the MUFON witness database uses MST. You can read more details about other recently reported cases at the UFO Examiner home page. The above witness quotes were edited for clarity. Please keep in mind that most UFO reports can be explained as something natural or manmade.
Continue reading on Examiner.com UFO Traffic Report: Sunday, September 18, 2011 - National ufo | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/ufo-in-national/ufo-traffic-report-sunday-september-18-2011#ixzz1YPgEVq1q