ROBERT SALAS LECTURES ON ALIEN INTEREST IN OUR NUKES AND BRINGING DOWN THE UFO CABAL
By Sean Casteel and John Weigle
The time Robert Salas spent in the United States Air Force taught him many things about the UFO phenomenon. In a lecture he delivered at the September 14, 2013, meeting of the Close Encounter Research Organization International, held in Thousand Oaks, California, a city just north of Los Angeles, Salas explained just what he has learned in no uncertain terms.
Salas’ lecture was entitled "The Complexity of Human Interactions with the UFO Phenomenon," and he began by flatly declaring that craft controlled by extraterrestrial intelligences (ETI) are visiting us, are here for specific purposes, have been here for a long period of time, and have had complex interactions with humanity. In spite of the existence of a UFO Cabal that is hiding secrets about what’s happening to our planet and society, we are still in the process of becoming part of the "Cosmic Family."
As part of his PowerPoint presentation, Salas displayed a slide that read:
· "They (the UFO occupants) can interact/interfere with our most technologically advanced equipment.
· "They have devices/craft that can perform in phenomenal ways that we cannot duplicate with our current state of technology.
· "They are able to communicate and interact with humans in phenomenal ways that we cannot explain.
· "They understand the workings of human physiology and psychology intricately well.
· "They have been able to master ‘highly advanced’ physical concepts.
· "They have messages for us."
Like everyone who serves in the Air Force in classified duties and missions, Salas signed confidentiality oaths that were legally binding. His decision to talk about a 1967 incident involving a UFO and nuclear weapons (about which more later) was prompted by an experience he had in a bookstore in 1994.
Salas found a copy of "Above Top Secret" by UFO researcher Timothy Good that contained a brief mention of UFOs being sighted at Malmstrom Air Force Base in Montana. Salas thought Good was referring to Salas’ own experience and decided it must be OK to discuss the case since Good had already made it public. Salas contacted James Klotz (who would later co-write a book with Salas called "Faded Giant") and suggested that he file a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for information about the event. It turned out that the incident in Good’s book was not the one Salas had been part of but was instead a separate event that had occurred a week earlier.
Salas would eventually learn that there had been three similar incidents at Malmstrom clustered closely together at two Montana launch facilities. Salas described where he worked, the Oscar Launch Control Facility, as being contained within a capsule built below ground. The men who ran the operations there worked in 24-hour shifts and were in charge of ten nuclear-armed missiles. The Oscar and Echo facilities were close to each other at Malmstrom, which remains one of the three U.S. bases that still house nuclear missiles.
In February 1967, Lt. Don Crawford received a report that a UFO was hovering over the Echo launch facility. He authorized the immediate use of firearms, but the guard above replied that he didn’t think it would do any good.
On March 16, 1967, ten Minuteman I nuclear missiles at Echo shut down as a UFO hovered overhead. Capt. Eric Carlson, a missile control crew commander, confirmed the incident, as did others.
On March 24, 1967, Salas himself was on duty as deputy commander at the Oscar Launch Control Facility when the incident he was privy to happened. At that point in his CERO lecture, he played a recording of a phone conversation between him and Col. Frederick Miewald, the crew commander, as they discussed the incident years later. Salas said he and Miewald had differing memories about certain parts of the incident, which had taken place some 27 years prior to their conversation.
"In that time," Salas told his audience, "the best thing to do is to try and forget if you’re not supposed to talk about something that is classified. So I made an effort just to forget the details. A lot of these details – like exactly where I was located at the time, how many missiles went down – were pretty hazy. But in time, though, all this became clear."
Photo of Yvonne Smith and Robert Salas
Just as had happened in the Echo incident about a week before, ten missiles spontaneously shut down. A security light went on that indicated an intrusion. Guards went to check and saw a UFO hovering over the area. It was a "very frightening thing for them," Salas said. He believes the command post had gotten to the guards very quickly because they refused to discuss the incident in the aftermath. He and the rest of the crew were summoned to the commander’s office, given a nondisclosure agreement to sign and told not to talk about what happened.
"One of the airmen called me the next day," Salas recalled, "and just begged, literally begged, me to come and see him. This was a very daunting, frightening experience and they wanted some kind of an explanation from me. And I had to turn them down."
More information and insider testimony from various sources would eventually come to light, according to Salas.
Salas said that a Capt. Robert Jamison, a targeting officer assigned to the 341st Missile Maintenance Squadron, confirmed that ten missiles shut down. He was called in to restart the Oscar missiles after the shutdown. Because of the number of reported shutdowns, he and his team were given instructions on what to do if a UFO was sighted. For two weeks after the incidents, they received special UFO briefings and instructions, including "self defense" measures.
Meanwhile, a telex from the Strategic Air Command headquarters said, "The fact that no apparent reason for the loss of ten missiles can be readily identified is cause for grave concern to this headquarters. We must have an in-depth analysis to determine cause and corrective action and we must know as quickly as possible what the impact to the fleet, if any."
The Air Force’s Project Blue Book files contain a report of a landing near Belt, Montana, at the time of the incidents. But a kind of "glossing-over" seems to have become part of the official record. An Air Force publication called "Wing History" for the period of January through March of 1967 states that "Rumors of Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) around the area of Echo Flight during the time of the fault were disproved. A Mobile Strike Team (MST), which had checked all November Flight’s LFs on the morning of 16 March 1967, were questioned and stated that no unusual activity or sightings were observed." David Gamble, the wing historian who had prepared the history, said in a letter to Salas and co-author Klotz that, "There were two times when I recall where sections of the history were scrutinized and changes beyond editorial were made. One of these [times] was the UFO aspect of the missile shutdown incident. . ."
Robert Kaminski, a project team leader for civilian contractor Boeing, said he was charged with assembling a team whose objective would be to try to find out why the missiles had suddenly fallen from alert status with no explanation. When the team met with him to report their findings, it was decided that "the final report would have nothing significant in it to explain what happened." The team went off to make their report. Meanwhile, Kaminski was contacted by another Boeing representative who told him that the incident "was reported as being a UFO event." A few days later, Kaminski and his people were instructed to stop any further effort on the project and not to submit a final engineering report. "This was most unusual," he said, "since all of our work required review by our customer (USAF)."
Further confirmation came from a source called "Tex," who prefers to remain anonymous since he is currently the vice president of a prominent aerospace company. Tex said that he was working through a checklist to bring an Echo Flight missile back online when a guard called him to the surface to see a UFO hovering over the site. He returned to his work and started to bring the missile back up.
"He gets to a certain point in the checklist," Salas said, "and the missile shuts down again. This object is still up there. In fact, he can feel the electrical energy coming down the tube right where he is. He said he felt almost like he was immersed in static electricity. But he tried this many, many times, he said, trying to bring the missile back up on alert using his checklist. When he got to this particular point on the checklist, he said, the missile shut down again."
To Tex, whatever it was knew exactly how the missile system worked and knew it in great detail.
Having established the sequence of events of the missile shutdowns and the official investigations – or non-investigations – that followed, Salas moved on to describe what he believes are the origins and workings of the cover-up process.
He began by recounting the history of Edward Condon, who was chosen to head the University of Colorado study of UFOs. Condon had previously worked on the Manhattan Project, which produced the first atomic bombs, but resigned because of a security dispute. He was appointed head of the National Bureau of Standards in 1946, and in that same year J. Edgar Hoover accused Condon of being a Soviet spy. Condon lost his security clearance in 1951, but in 1966 he was offered reinstatement of his security clearance if he would take on the UFO study.
Article continues here tomorrow Septembr 27, 2013! http://ufodigest.com/article/robert-salas-lectures-0927
Sean Casteel and John Weigle are the co-authors, along with Timothy Beckley, of the book "Disclosure! Breaking Through The Barrier Of Global UFO Secrecy." To read more by Sean Casteel, visit his website at www.seancasteel.com]
Top photo: Robert Salas and Roger Leir